Throughout the years, I have featured Athabascan people in my blog through interviews and by sharing our stories. Why? I want to raise people up, promote wellness and counter stereotypes. Let’s celebrate those we admire — our culture bearers, artists, storytellers, activists, role models, community doers, language warriors, leaders, hunters, gatherers, parents, and grandparents! Now, I would like to ask for your help.
To submit a nomination, please email me the following:
- Your Name
- Name of nominee (including Native name if applicable)
- Cultural affiliation (like, Koyukon, Gwich’in, etc.)
- Background on nominee (where they or their family is from, who their family is, what they do, etc.)
- Reason this person should be recognized
- Contact info for nominee (phone, email or social media)
- Web and/or social media link
- 1-3 photos (or links from public social media).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Facebook.
Let’s lift up and celebrate those we admire in the Athabascan community. Please contact me with any questions. Enaa baasee’!
5 thoughts on “Athabascan in the Spotlight Features”
Where is the picture of Seahawk beaded moccasins?
It’s on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/AthabascanWoman/photos/a.1019297228197457.1073741844.586083218185529/1518242654969576/?type=3